Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Monday Night = Bowling + Baking

Monday has turned into my baking day. It's my day off and I have a place to take the cookies I make. Perfect combination. I always need to have a place lined up to bring cookies if I am baking. What the heck am I going to do with a million cookies? Eat them. My poor waistline. So, as part of my epic diet plan (fatten everyone else up so I look thinner), I bring them to people. On Mondays I have my bowling league, so it works out great.

Here is what I made last night:

Cranberry Chunk Bars
Soft shortbread crust with a hint of ginger, topped with a filling of cranberry & pineapple. Lastly, a crumbly cookie top sprinkled over.
Did I mention a sprinkling of white chocolate chips too? These bars had a lot going on. They were a little bit difficult to eat due to how crumbly the crust was. Maybe next time a more solid cookie on the bottom (as was suggested by one of my bowling mates). But overall, I loved these. I could have eaten the filling by the tub. This is what I love in a fall bar. Although, I'm pretty sure I could eat these any time of the year.





Punkin' Dreams

I was trying to make a cookie that tasted like pumpkin pie but was not really cakey. I do not so much enjoy cakey cookies. So I started messing around with making a recipe. Every recipe I could find had white chocolate chips and looked more like a mondo hunk of assorted fall flavors. They just weren't what I was looking for. In the end, the cookies turned out a bit cakey and really fluffy. When they came out of the oven, I smushed them down with the spatula which ended up being just right. While good on their own, they did need some help. So I frosted them with a cinnamon brown sugar frosting. I really think these come close to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment